You'll need to continually update your knowledge to stay well compensated as well as recognized in your profession. Please remember that once a licensed professional in Illinois, you are required to complete continuing education hours to maintain your license. Continuing education is the best way to expand your knowledge and skill set while staying on top of the latest techniques and procedures around Chicagoland. Universal Spa Training Academy offers an easy path for busy professionals to access continuing education for massage therapy, esthetics and cosmetology!
FOLLOW USTA ON SOCIAL MEDIA FOR CONTINUING EDUCATION CLASS OFFERINGS.
Illinois’ Continuing Education requirements:
Each discipline requires specific continuing education courses. Learn more below:
- Massage Therapist – 24 hours of continuing education, including at least 2 hours of ethics.
- Esthetician – 10 hours of continuing education every two years.
- Cosmetology - 14 hours of continuing education every two years to renew their license. At least 1 hour of the 14 hours must be in Illinois law and rules. Renewal applicants may utilize online courses for 50%.
- Cosmetology Teacher - 24 hours of continuing education every to years. Renewal applicants may utilize online courses for 50%.
- Esthetics or Nail Technology Teacher – 20 hours of continuing education every two years; 10 of those hours must be methodology.