When you are looking to get a facial, it can be overwhelming at first to figure out which type of facial is best for you. Each beauty salon brands and markets their facials differently so it can be confusing. Below is a guide to the different types of facials to help you understand what you can expect.
- Classic Facial: This is the most basic type of facial and the process involves steaming your face, exfoliating, massaging, extracting, and then applying moisturizers or serums. It is recommended that you routinely get facials to help maintain your skin and give you a radiant complexion
- Microdermabrasion: This is a minimally invasive type of facial during which a device is utilized to brush off the top layer of your skin, while at the same time, vacuuming the skin that comes off. Once the dead skin cells are removed from your skin, it will help with collagen and elastic growth, which makes your skin look younger and healthier
- Microcurrent Facial: This is a type of facial that utilizes an electric device. You can get this facial on its own, or you can combine it with another type of facial as well. This treatment is completely safe and pain-free
- Hydrating Facial: This facial is specifically used in order to provide your skin with moisture and rehydrate any dehydrated skin. Your results will be skin that is more plump and supple
- Chemical Peel: This type of facial is more invasive since chemicals are used to fix different skin issues. Chemical peels are very effective for resurfacing your skin, getting rid of wrinkles or fine lines, getting rid of age spots and getting rid of scars. They also promote collagen growth. There is a healing period and how long will depend on which type of chemical peel you choose
- Aromatherapy Facial: This facial is generally chosen for those looking to relax. During this treatment, there will be steaming and cleansing of your skin and then essential oils will be applied to your face and neck. Your skin will be refreshed and any tension you have will be released
- Acupuncture Facial: This treatment involves tiny needles being gently placed into your skin to stimulate the growth of collagen. This treatment will help tighten your skin, reduce wrinkles and eliminate facial scars
You can talk to the beauty salon or medical spa therapist prior to getting your facial, so they can review your goals for treatment and help you decide which treatment is best for you.