Here at USTA nutrition is an essential chapter in our skin care program. We teach our students about the benefits of what you put in your body can really make a difference in the overall appearance of your skin. There are many benefits to drinking lemon water during the day, but especially when you first wake up! Below are a few benefits to starting your day with lemon in your water.
Benefits of starting your day with lemon water
- Hydration: Our bodies are naturally dehydrated when we wake up in the morning. Starting your day with lemon water helps to rehydrate and replace the fluids that are lost in your body.
- Aids in digestion: Lemon water helps flush out toxins in the body. It encourages the liver to produce bile which is an acid that is required for digestion.
- Balances pH Levels: Lemons are naturally acidic on their own, but they are one of the most alkalizing foods for our bodies. Drinking lemon water regularly can help to remove overall acidity in the body, including uric acid in the joints, which is one of the primary causes of pain and inflammation.
- Clears Skin: Lemon water helps to clear skin and fight free radical damage. Lemons are packed with vitamin C which is vital for healthy, glowing skin!
- Energizes and Enhances Your Mood: Ever feel sluggish in the morning? Reach for the lemon water first thing in the morning to feel energized.
- Boosts Immune System: Lemons contain citric acid, calcium, magnesium, vitamin C, bioflavonoids, pectin, and limonene that promote immunity and fight infection.
Does anyone else have a new found LOVE for lemons? Here at USTA we understand how important it is to learn about nutrition not only for skin health, but overall health as well. Click to learn more about our skincare program at our aesthetic school.
Tags: aesthetic school, aesthetic school chicago, aid in digestion, balance pH level, benefits of drinking lemon water, boost immune system, clear skin, digestive health, hydration, lemon water, skin care, skin health, vitamin C