At Universal Spa Training Academy, we believe when you meditate, you clear away the information overload that sometimes builds up during the day. You are then able to focus your attention and eliminate the stream of jumbled thoughts that may be crowding your mind and causing stress. Studies have shown that just a 5 minute session can result in enhanced physical and emotional well-being.
Benefits of Meditation
- Reduces Stress. Research published in the Health Psychology journal stated that meditation is not only associated with feeling less stressed, it’s also linked with decreased levels of the stress hormone cortisol.
- Visualization. Visualizing where you are and where you want to go is beneficial when starting a new career. This helps to put everything in perspective as you reflect.
- Improved concentration. This helps during class times, at work and even those at home tasks.
- Encourages a healthy lifestyle. When you are able to calm your mind, it reduces stress not just in your mind but also in your body. This helps gain perspective and seek the need for an overall healthier lifestyle.
- Increases happiness. Studies have shown that when you meditate you release endorphins and serotonin, which are your ‘feel good’ chemicals in the brain. This makes you happier and less likely to lean towards negativity.
- Improves sleep. Do you ever experience those sleepless nights? Meditation helps to calm your mind and body to relax and ultimately catch those z’s.
- Increases creativity. If you are more relaxed you can focus on more important tasks. You can accurately prioritize your life and have the mental capacity to get creative.
Our meditation room at USTA is open and free for massage therapy and aesthetic students to use. Meditation sessions are open and non-religious. We just think it makes a well-rounded student and our performance statistics prove it!