Medical estheticians are skin care specialists with additional training in medical esthetics. A career in Medical Esthetics can be very rewarding and add a lead over the competition in an aesthetics career. Medical estheticians use minimally invasive cosmetic treatments to enhance a patients’ satisfaction with their physical appearance. They usually assist dermatologists, cosmetic surgeons, doctors and spas in advanced skin treatments.
Topics we cover in our Medical Esthetics Training Program.
- Laser Hair Removal– an intense, pulsating beam of light to remove unwanted hair.
- Ablative & Non Ablative-an invasive and non-invasive laser.
- Dermaplaning-is a method of exfoliation that removes off the top layer of dulling dead skin cells in order to reveal a smoother, brighter complexion.
- Fractionated CO2-A highly effective anti-aging procedure, that can be used to correct mild to severe skin problems ranging from dark spots to deep wrinkles.
- Micro-Needling-A treatment option in atrophic acne scars and for skin rejuvenation.
- IPL for Pigmentation-used for various skin treatments for aesthetic and therapeutic purposes, including hair removal, photo rejuvenation (e.g. the treatment of skin pigmentation, sun damage, and thread veins).
- LED Treatments-LED is a painless skin-care treatment that plumps up aging skin by boosting collagen production, and treats mild to moderate acne by killing the bacteria responsible for breakout
- AND MORE!
At USTA our medical aesthetics is offered by Terri Wojak. Terri is a highly sought after professional with 20 years of experience in the aesthetic industry. She is a respected authority on skin care in a medical setting, public speaker and published author. Terri has trained over 3000 aestheticians and has brought her expert training exclusively to the students of Universal Spa Training Academy. Head back to our advanced aesthetics school program page to check out the program start dates in 2017! Call us for more information and to register at (630) 968-6800.