There are many benefits to receiving regular massages but if it has been awhile, Spring time is the perfect time to schedule your next appointment! Winter can take a toll on our bodies and Spring brings more outdoor and physical activities. From muscle recovery to allergy relief, a massage can make all the difference in helping your body get back and keep the best health and wellness shape.
5 Reasons to schedule a massage
- Seasonal allergy relief. Massages may help in dealing with allergy symptoms like congestion, puffy eyes, sneezing, coughing and headaches. While massage can’t eliminate the specific allergy, it can be very effective in managing the symptoms. A facial massage has also been known to help with sinus drainage and pressure relief!
- Help with injuries. Massage helps relax and soften injured and overused muscles. This helps to increase circulation to shorten recovery time which is necessary for tissue repair.
- Pain and stiffness. Spring is the perfect time to start activities outside but these activities can cause muscle fatigue, pain and stiffness. Help keep your body more fluid and active with regular massages.
- Brightens mood. Massage increases the levels of serotonin and dopamine, which are both neurotransmitters that help stabilize your mood. So kick those winter blues with a regular massage!
- Reduce stress. Experts estimate that 80 percent to 90 percent of disease is stress-related. De-stress and relax with a massage.
As a Chicago area massage therapy school, we believe that true effectiveness and profitability for a massage therapist begins with self discovery, personal growth and understanding the power of touch between therapist and client. Understanding the power from within ensures the most effective, well rounded, therapists upon graduation and it is what sets us apart from other massage schools. Learn more about our nationally accredited massage therapy school and the techniques you will learn in our program!