Whether you are looking for more peace in your life or ways you can de-stress, meditation could be exactly what you need!
10 tips to quiet the mind with meditation
- Make time for meditation daily. Find the right time that will work for you and when you are able to fit it in daily.
- Find a quiet space. Consider having dim to no lights and diffuse essential oils to help your mind and body relax. For example Lavender oil can help you feel at ease.
- Find a relaxing position. During meditation it is important to find a position where your body can completely relax. Whether it is sitting ‘indian style’ or laying on your back, find what works for you!
- Close your eyes and breathe. Begin every practice by breathing deeply, slowly inhaling and then exhaling and focusing solely on your breath.
- Put on some relaxing music.
- Let go of all expectations. Do not have any expectations of what you need or want to happen. In the beginning, just learn how to quiet the mind and relax. There is no right or wrong when it comes to meditation.
- Be present throughout the day. Do not be concerned with what you should have done or what you still need to do during the day. Be completely present during each moment and it will helps silence any other thoughts or distractions.
- Turn off all electronics. No distractions!
- End your meditation slowly. When you are finished, do not stand up quickly. Ease yourself in standing up and opening your eyes. Let your body become aware of your surroundings and then slowly open your eyes.
- Stay committed. Stay the course and stay committed! Over time you will learn how to relax your mind and dive into a meditative state quicker with each practice.
At USTA, we understand how important it is to incorporate meditation into your daily life. For all of our aesthetics and massage therapy students, the meditation room is FREE to all students who wish to use it.