Eyelash extensions are one of the top recent beauty trends as they give your eyes more va-va-voom! Students in our aesthetics program are trained in eyelash extensions at no additional cost! It is very important to make sure you get your lashes done by a licensed esthetician as they will know the proper techniques to apply them.
Here are a few tips if you are considering getting your lashes extended and want to wake up to longer, thicker, fuller lashes.
TIPS FOR EYELASH EXTENSIONS DURING THE SUMMER
- Avoid water for 24-48 hours – You’ll want to book your appointment in between trips to the pool as you’ll not want to be playing Marco Polo for a couple days. Avoid water you say? Does that mean just the pool? No. Try not to go to hot yoga, steam rooms, and hot showers.
- Don’t pull on them – As they will take a couple days to get used to, you may have the temptation to tug at them. Try not to, as that will only loosen the glue and shift them.
- Reshape them daily – Like your eyebrows, you’ll want to reshape your lashes with a light spoolie brush so they stay aligned and also to keep your natural lashes groomed.
- Gentle facials – Since you won’t want to be tugging on your face near your eyes (and why would you want to anyway, it’s not good for our facial skin which is gentle and thin), you’ll want to clean your eyelids with either diluted baby shampoo daily or a soft oil-free facial cleanse wipe.
- Avoid oil-based products near eyes – Oil-based products like water-proof mascara and certain eye creams are not recommended because they will also loosen the adhesives and your new look won’t last as long.
You’ll be ready for your fun and flirty new look by knowing what to expect and how to care for your eyelash extensions. Here at USTA, we are always up to date with popular trends in aesthetics and massage therapy. We look forward to helping train and guide you into a successful career in either massage therapy or aesthetics. To learn more, contact us at 630-968-6800, option 1 to speak with an admissions representative today!
Longer, thicker, fuller, lashes are so much more convenient now!