As the summer months are quickly coming to a close, transitioning your skin from summer to fall is crucial in keeping your skin looking and feeling its best! A change in season can drastically change how the skin behaves. When it turns cooler in temperature, less oil is produced by the skin creating a change in your skincare routine. Below are some tips on how to transition your skin from summer to fall.
- Change your cleansing routine. Choosing a cleanser that is more mild yet offers incredible hydration is the best choice for fall. A good rule is to choose a cleanser that is non-drying and sulfate-free.
- Choose a heavier day time moisturizer. During the summer months using a light daytime moisturizer is ok because the skin produces more oil. When it is cooler outside, our skin tends to dry out. Choosing a heavier day time moisturizer will help prevent moisture loss.
- Continue using SPF. During the fall months the UVA rays (the ones that cause skin cancer and premature wrinkles) are just as strong. Choosing a moisturizer that has an SPF is key to help protect your skin!
- Exfoliate. To brighten and repair the skin during the fall months, exfoliation is imperative. This removes dead skin cells that trap oil. In return, exfoliating helps with acne and the overall appearance of skin.
- Return to Retinol. Use a serum retinol or retinol moisturizer in your skincare routine. This helps reduce the appearance of brown spots and wrinkles caused by the summer sun.
- Use an alcohol free toner. This step is usually overlooked when it comes to a skincare routine. After cleansing, use a toner to wipe the skin clean and immediately follow with a serum and moisturizer. This will help keep the skin moisturized and well cleansed!
Here at USTA we teach all about the right skincare routine and products in our Aesthetics School. If you enjoyed this article, share it on Social Media using the hashtag #USTAblog