As the summer is upon us, our skin needs even more water than the standard amount we always hear, “drink 8 glasses per day.” As it is, most people find it quite difficult to make it to even 3 glasses per day, according to Live Strong. You may be curious about the Infused Water recipes popping up all over Facebook these days. Are there real skin and health benefits or is this just another trend? Studies show that each combination of infused water has benefits for the body as well as the mind and it helps us drink quite a bit more water than we normally would.
INFUSED WATER RECIPES
FOR THE SKIN
- Cucumber Lime and Mint – This is what is served at most spas! Mint and Cucumbers are known for the fresh taste and benefits by providing more hydration, while reducing bloating. Lime gives bursts of Vitamin C which will give you that glow.
- Orange Blueberry and Basil – Fruits like orange and grapefruit happen to be antioxidants and are key to the formation of collagen. Blueberries have cancer preventatives.
- Lemon Raspberry and Rosemary – Raspberries happen to have Vitamin C like Citrus Fruits so they do the same wonders with collagen and antioxidants. They also reduce inflammation which is great in the summer!
- Watermelon Honeydew and Rosemary – Watermelon helps with the aging process since it is contains lots of lycopene. Rosemary is a good source of iron, vitamin B6 and calcium so it will help boost immune and circulatory systems.
- Mango Ginger – Mangoes happen to have loads of Vitamin A and C, so they help maintain healthy skin and boost metabolism while the Ginger heals pain.
To make your waters, you will want to gather your ingredients and wash them well. Try not to use bruised fruits or herbs that do not look fresh. Use filtered or pH balanced water and fill in a glass jar with a lid. Don’t keep the ingredients in the water over 24 hours, as they will form a cloud and become bitter.
Here at USTA, we are always up to date with popular trends in aesthetics and massage therapy. Our nationally accredited program has an upcoming start date for aesthetics on June 19, 2017! We look forward to helping train and guide you into a successful career in either massage therapy or aesthetics. To learn more, contact us at 630-968-6800, option 1 to speak with an admissions representative today!
Are you ready to infuse more youth to your skin?Tags: Infused Waters for Bright Glowing Skin