Starting a career in massage therapy is not only rewarding but finding a school to enroll can be one of the toughest decisions! Researching and reviewing massage therapy schools and programs is the first step in deciding where you will attend. The next step is to consider your career intentions. Making sure the topics that are offered in the curriculum and the style(s) of massage taught match what you want to learn. The final step is to meet with an admissions counselor. Discuss time frames of the massage therapy program. Will you attend full time or part time? These are some questions you can ask immediately. Below are some other ways to choose the right school for you.
Ways you can choose the right massage school
- Collect information
- Attend an open house or orientation
- Interview former students
- Read catalogues or audit a class
- Read gainful employment stats
- Tutoring options and supplies needed
- Do they offer continuing education?
- Learn the different types of financial aid
- Consider overall quality of the school
Choosing the massage therapy program at USTA
- At Universal Spa Training Academy, our massage therapy program is divided into 3 core areas; MIND – BODY – SPIRIT. After this program, students will be well versed in clinical massage as well as the energies of the Eastern approach and techniques of the West. We do not just teach how to address the body but incorporate the mind and spirit as well. Upon completion, students may sit for the MBLEx exam. We are approved by the Division of Private Business and Vocational Schools of the Illinois Board of Higher Education and we are a nationally accredited school. We also offer financial services as well as a free massage table to all of our students! To learn more about our massage therapy program, call an admissions representative TODAY at (630) 968-6800.