Tis the season for pumpkin spice lattes, pumpkin farms, pumpkin candles, well.. pumpkin everything! So why not talk about how to add pumpkin into your skincare routine. Pumpkins are loaded with vitamins that nourish the skin. Incorporate it into either a daily moisturizer to help with dark spots or use the recipe below once a week to hydrate and clear skin with our DIY Pumpkin Mask.
How exactly does pumpkin help?
1. Pumpkin is packed with fruit enzymes and alpha hydroxy acids (AHAs), which increase cell turnover, to brighten and smooth the skin.
2. Pumpkin contains antioxidant Vitamin A and Vitamin C to help soften and soothe the skin.
3. Contains Zinc will helps control the hormone level and oil production.
4. Helps with healing of the skin which is beneficial for acne sufferers.
5. Pumpkin contains folate which helps to increase circulation and improve cell turnover and renewal.
6. Helps boost collagen production.
7. Prevent signs of aging.
8. Helps relieve dry winter skin.
9. Pumpkin is high in fatty acids and Vitamin E.
Here is a DIY pumpkin skincare mask to make at home
1 tablespoon pumpkin puree
1 teaspoon honey
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon vitamin E oil.
Apply this mixture on a damp face for 30 minutes or until it dries and rinse off with lukewarm water.
Here at USTA, we are always up to date with recent trends in aesthetics and massage therapy. We look forward to helping train and guide you into a successful career in either massage therapy or aesthetics. To learn more, contact us at 630-968-6800, option 1 to speak with an admissions representative today.
Tags: pumpkin, skincare routine