Did you know that certain foods can work wonders on your skin? The products that you use on your skin make a difference but also the food that you eat! In our USTA aesthetic and massage therapy courses we teach the benefits of nutrition and how it relates to skincare health. We want to share these wonderful foods on the blog so that you can start to incorporate them into your everyday diet to create a radiant, glowing complexion.
5 Must have foods for beautiful skin
- Kale. You have heard the saying “eat your dark leafy greens” right? Kale is one of the best dark greens that you can incorporate into your diet. It’s one of the best sources of lutein and zeaxanthin, nutrients that absorb and neutralize the free radicals created by UV light. Just one cup of kale gives you 134% and 133% of your daily value for skin-firming vitamin C and A!
- Walnuts. Walnuts are the only type of nut that contains a significant amount of omega-3 fatty acids, which is especially important for vegetarians who are skipping fish. A deficiency in this fatty acid can result in eczema and dry skin.
- Kiwi. This tiny, power packed fruit has incredible amounts of Vitamin C. Nearly 120% of your daily Vitamin C intake is in 1 kiwi! This vitamin helps your skin create collagen. Those who have their daily intake of Vitamin C have noticeably less wrinkles.
- Carrots. Eating carrots can give you a natural glow. Carrots are loaded with carotenoid which helps fight against aging.
- Tomatoes. Tomatoes help keep skin incredible healthy! Packed with lycopene and vitamins A, C and K, tomatoes help shrink pores, treat acne and heal sunburns.
We all know that eating healthy helps us fight diseases but we forget that we should eat healthy to take care of our largest organ!aesthetic school chicago, carrots, chicago esthetic school, food for skin, heal sunburns, healthy eating, kale, kiwi, massage therapy, nutrition, shrink pores, skin, skincare, tomatoes, treat acne, Vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin K, vitamins for skin, walnuts