Strive to live have an overall healthier, more productive day? Make sure your mornings get off to a great start! How you spend the first few hours after waking up can determine how you spend the rest of the day. There are many benefits to starting your day with exercise that other times of day just can’t provide. Below are 4 morning fitness tips you don’t want to miss.
4 Morning Fitness Tips
- Drink 8 oz of water upon waking up. As soon as we wake up our bodies can be dehydrated overnight. Replenish what was lost and kickstart your digestive system. Spice it up by adding a little lemon to your water.
- Eat a healthy breakfast. What you put in your body to start the day can make all the difference in the choices throughout the day.
- Stretch. Keep your muscles flexible to prevent injury.
- Do at least 20 minutes of activity. Whether you are comfortable with a work out from home, outside for a run or to the gym, get active first thing in the morning!
Benefits Of Exercising In The Morning
- Great source of energy. If you feel like a zombie in the morning, exercise can help to create the energy used to tackle the rest of your day.
- Helps to kickstart your metabolism. Excess Post-Exercise Oxygen Consumptions (EPOC) is used in the fitness industry. It means that your body burns more calories after your workout, even when you’re sitting at a desk or driving in your car.
- Improved physical and mental clarity. Exercise and fitness are known to help with not only the physical aspect but also the mental.
- Promotes better sleep. No doubt your body will be in need of rest at the end of the day. Say goodbye to sleepless nights or having a hard time falling asleep.