Spring is right around the corner and now is the perfect time to start transitioning your winter skincare routine! Throughout the winter months our skin goes through different types of stresses such as strong winds and low moisture levels. This results in dry, dull skin. Luckily, spring is the perfect time to start to peel away the winter blues and brighten up your complexion. Below are some tips to prep your skin for spring.
- Ditch the foundation. Grab a tinted moisturizer with SPF instead of a heavy foundation.
- Add a serum to your skincare routine. A serum helps to repair skin, brighten and moisturize the skin.
- Switch to a light moisturizer. Winter calls for a heavier moisturizer to combat dry skin. Spring time however calls for a lighter moisturizer.
- Spritz toners. It is important to incorporate a toner into your skincare routine. A spritz toner can be used throughout the day to keep skin feeling clean and fresh.
- Exfoliate the skin. Erase dry, dull skin with the right exfoliator for spring. Find a product that contains a glycolic or lactic acid which will boost the skin’s cell turnover resulting in visibility brighter skin.
- Use a gentle cleanser. Harsh cleansers can irritate or dry out the skin. Instead, grab a gentle cleanser that will help balance the pH of the skin.
- Mask it up! Choosing a mask that keeps your skin feeling fresh is a great way to help keep a bright complexion. Here is a great DIY fresh face mask: Mix two tablespoons of honey, and two tablespoons of orange juice. Put on cleansed skin for 20 minutes. Rinse with cold water then moisturize.
At USTA, spring is the perfect time to start new massage therapy and aesthetics trainings. Learn more about our programs by browsing our website. Also, don’t miss a USTA beat on Social media. Follow us on Instagram and on Facebook!